United Skylines Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Map Development

+3
Sergio
Hamish26
CDL98
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

World Map Development Empty Re: World Map Development

Post by europe.au Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:43 am

I think we should do something like on Espionage Wars (for the map). We use the pre-existing countries, but we can establish our own nations, either by carving out small parts of nations, or plopping one in the middle of the ocean.

And maybe use the other nations as NPC nations that we can use for trading, etc.?
europe.au
europe.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabite Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:44 am

This sounds like a great idea and I would love to get involved when it is ready Very Happy
Gabite
Gabite

Back to top Go down

Post by CDL98 Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:14 pm

Guys, I found an amazing website. It's a world map generator. Look: http://topps.diku.dk/torbenm/maps.msp. It's perfect!
CDL98
CDL98
Administrator

Localization : Brazil

https://nothingtoseeheredude.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CDL98 Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:02 pm

This flag seems like Brazil flag. This color yellow and green xD perfect!
CDL98
CDL98
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyagi Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:47 pm

tozeos wrote:
Miyagi wrote:YES!  cheers  Time to make a flag king
I make that in few days ago, look. I don't know, I really like that.

Ooo that's nice!! I like it a lot! The constellation is definitely a cool idea.  I haven'T settled on a design yet but I really like some of the modern designs like the Marshall Islands, so this was a first idea for a tropical nation
World Map Development 7MkB2mD
Miyagi
Flag Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by CDL98 Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:16 pm

Miyagi wrote:YES!  cheers  Time to make a flag king
I make that in few days ago, look. I don't know, I really like that.
CDL98
CDL98
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ComradeLennon Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:13 pm

tozeos wrote:
Miyagi wrote:The way I was thinking is that the cities can be merely a dot on a map, so that the players can use any map they want including workshop maps or maps they create themselves.  That makes more sense to me, otherwise it would be a task too gargantuan to deal with.  Okay, phew. Relieved Very Happy

So if you have a program able to make a random map, that would be great. We can make a list of all the biomes we can think of (going to the Map Themes section of the workshop will spur some ideas) so we'll have as many varieties of biomes as possible for the world map.  

I also thought that. According to the climate of your nation, you choose a point on the map that will fit your description.

E.g. If you have a beach, you select a place that makes the encounter with the sea.

Yeah yeah, I agree. It doesn't have to be tiled but it just a dot on a map. So, yes!. I am going to make country and flags too!
ComradeLennon
ComradeLennon
Cartographer

Localization : Indonesia

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyagi Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:03 pm

YES! cheers Time to make a flag king
Miyagi
Flag Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by CDL98 Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:51 pm

Miyagi wrote:The way I was thinking is that the cities can be merely a dot on a map, so that the players can use any map they want including workshop maps or maps they create themselves.  That makes more sense to me, otherwise it would be a task too gargantuan to deal with.  Okay, phew. Relieved Very Happy

So if you have a program able to make a random map, that would be great. We can make a list of all the biomes we can think of (going to the Map Themes section of the workshop will spur some ideas) so we'll have as many varieties of biomes as possible for the world map.  

I also thought that. According to the climate of your nation, you choose a point on the map that will fit your description.

E.g. If you have a beach, you select a place that makes the encounter with the sea.
CDL98
CDL98
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyagi Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:48 pm

I tend to create and abandon cities like underwear (lol) so maybe if we have countries, each city we got bored with still existing on the map because it's still inside our country. Oh no, now I have totally confused myself lol. Embarassed
Miyagi
Flag Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyagi Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:43 pm

The way I was thinking is that the cities can be merely a dot on a map, so that the players can use any map they want including workshop maps or maps they create themselves. That makes more sense to me, otherwise it would be a task too gargantuan to deal with. Okay, phew. Relieved Very Happy

Miyagi
Flag Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ComradeLennon Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:15 pm

Miyagi wrote:Can someone clarify this for me?  Are you wanting a mega map where each individual cities' terrain is actually part of that mega map, meaning the landforms are visibly on the megamap and not simply imagined to be there?  If yes, that would be a gigantic, enormous amount of map making work

I *think* that is what I am understanding  Shocked Please advise Laughing

I guess that's really hard, or we could imagine where the city located. Because if you were using the tile that you were saying before, it's gonna be really huge. But I was saying, it's more like this so you could put any map inside of it.

World Map Development 2ur3rqt
ComradeLennon
ComradeLennon
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyagi Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:01 pm

ComradeLennon wrote:
Oh lol, I just thought of that. I guess it needs more time to build a world from a scratch. Maybe we made the alteration? Cause I've been tried to vector it Cool

This is vector, I made it with Illustrator.

World Map Development Screenshot

Wow that is so cool!! I basically draw in GIMP as if I have computerized crayons Very Happy
Miyagi
Flag Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyagi Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:58 pm

Can someone clarify this for me?  Are you wanting a mega map where each individual cities' terrain is actually part of that mega map, meaning the landforms are visibly on the megamap and not simply imagined to be there?  If yes, that would be a gigantic, enormous amount of map making work

I *think* that is what I am understanding Shocked Please advise Laughing
Miyagi
Flag Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ComradeLennon Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:52 pm

Miyagi wrote:I'll try to re-vector without the border. How much the resolution would you like to see? 5000px?

Hi ComradeLennon!  Well first of all, it's just an image he found on the internet so I doubt we can use it... and besides it would be more fun to have something unique.
Re your answer to me... Well let's just say I hope someone else is going to be able to answer you because I don't even know what a vector is XD  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯[/quote]

Oh lol, I just thought of that. I guess it needs more time to build a world from a scratch. Maybe we made the alteration? Cause I've been tried to vector it Cool

This is vector, I made it with Illustrator.

World Map Development Screenshot
ComradeLennon
ComradeLennon
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post by CDL98 Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:38 pm

Miyagi wrote:
tozeos wrote:But who will make the map? This is the central point of our site.

Take a look at the separate forum topic I just opened.  There is so much more that we can also do.
So it will only be about a map?  I thought it was about a lot more?

By the way I couldn't insert the hyperlink.  It said to talk to the administrator which is you Very Happy

Yes, there will be many things, maybe we can do other things while the map is not ready! Very Happy
CDL98
CDL98
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyagi Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:36 pm

I'll try to re-vector without the border. How much the resolution would you like to see? 5000px?[/quote]

Hi ComradeLennon! Well first of all, it's just an image he found on the internet so I doubt we can use it... and besides it would be more fun to have something unique.
Re your answer to me... Well let's just say I hope someone else is going to be able to answer you because I don't even know what a vector is XD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Miyagi
Flag Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyagi Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:32 pm

tozeos wrote:But who will make the map? This is the central point of our site.

Take a look at the separate forum topic I just opened. There is so much more that we can also do.
So it will only be about a map? I thought it was about a lot more?

By the way I couldn't insert the hyperlink. It said to talk to the administrator which is you Very Happy

Miyagi
Flag Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ComradeLennon Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:20 pm

Miyagi wrote:My first thoughts about the map is that it should be as open and diverse as the one you showed in Skylines group.  People will eventually want to join the fun after the core set of players starts the United Skylines Nations world stories and images start being shared in the Facebook group.  At the beginning it might be a very few of us, but later probably more and some will come and go as is natural.
Therefore, I think Caike's concept for a map with endless choices is a good concept to have, allowing for many spaces. Some more thoughts after this

Hmm. That image isn't sized right and I don't know how to make it come through right.

I'll try to re-vector without the border. How much the resolution would you like to see? 5000px?
ComradeLennon
ComradeLennon
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post by CDL98 Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:57 pm

But who will make the map? This is the central point of our site.
CDL98
CDL98
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyagi Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:33 pm

My first thoughts about the map is that it should be as open and diverse as the one you showed in Skylines group.  People will eventually want to join the fun after the core set of players starts the United Skylines Nations world stories and images start being shared in the Facebook group.  At the beginning it might be a very few of us, but later probably more and some will come and go as is natural.
Therefore, I think Caike's concept for a map with endless choices is a good concept to have, allowing for many spaces. Some more thoughts after this
World Map Development 14054502_971565662954460_936004839165106823_o

Hmm. That image isn't sized right and I don't know how to make it come through right.

Last edited by tozeos on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Image sized)
Miyagi
Flag Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by CDL98 Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Miyagi wrote:Hello! I have arrived, ready to discuss bonsai.  Whoops wrong forum Very Happy
World Map Development 01-karate-kid-bonsai

Thanks for championing this idea Caike!  (This is Jamie, or Mr Miyagi from the world of the Workshop)

Razz Thanks! xD
CDL98
CDL98
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyagi Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:24 pm

Hello! I have arrived, ready to discuss bonsai.  Whoops wrong forum Very Happy
World Map Development 01-karate-kid-bonsai

Thanks for championing this idea Caike! (This is Jamie, or Mr Miyagi from the world of the Workshop)
Miyagi
Flag Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by CDL98 Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:56 pm

Welcome guys!
CDL98
CDL98
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergio Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:54 pm

Hi everybody how are you? I just saw that created this forum, good idea! greetings from Mexico! Very Happy
Sergio
Sergio

Localization : México

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next